“Seeking to promote inclusivity in STEM fields because we recognize that there is great strength in diversity”
Allies for Minorities and Women in Science and Engineering (AM_WISE) strives to better the working environment for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers in UNC STEM departments. AM_WISE will always take action on behalf of the STEM scientists within the graduate school to
- Advocate for their protection as researchers for the university
- Empower them as a community to speak up for themselves and to lift up the voices of their peers
- Prepare them to embody this mission in future careers as they become formidable leaders in a world of diversifying science and scientists.
- Graduate Achievement through Mentorship (GrAM) peer mentoring program! Find out more here.
- Racial Equite and Diversity in STEM Initiatives. See our statement of support here, and our plan of action here.
- Mentor/Mentee training for graduate students
- Climate Survey 2020
- Diversity talks and colloquia!
- Join our listserv here to get invovled!